Monday, April 5, 2010

"Pet Power - Finding fitness with our furry friends"

newfreedownloads.com
Want to know an easy way to lower your cholesterol, keep your blood pressure under control, feel less stressed out when you come home after a long, hard days of chasing paperwork ? Get yourself a new best friend. No, I don’t mean replace you current BFF (I am sure they must the best drinking buddies/gossip girls a guy/girl could ask for!). I mean get yourself a cute, friendly, loveable, cuddly little (or big!) pet!

The word is that those people who enjoy the company of our friends from the animal kingdom (am taking dogs/cats/hamster/birds/maybe even fish) a re more likely to live longer, healthier, and yes, even happier lives. Speaking from personal experience, I am lucky enough to have the love of 2 such adorable creatures! My oh-so-schmooperable Bam Bam (named after Fred Flintsone’s kid) is what I would call my “happy medicine” – she just delivers everytime! Her bouncy, crazy, happy go lucky nature makes everyone around her smile and trust me, nothing beats that pitter patter of paws chasing your every move! And then theres Nawab (only a royal title is good enough for him) who is the most loving, affectionate, playful, human-dog (yes, it’s a word!) I know! I have yet to be met at the door with the kind of excitement, and pure glee with which Nawabi comes running at me when I ring that doorbell.

The bottom line is that our lives today are filled with more than enough stress, fighting, arguments, negativity, and general angst. We are all in desperate need of a little dose of pure, unadulterated, and yes, truly unconditional love. Not to mention the fact that we can combine some good quality time with our pets and our exercise routines - taking a nice, long power walk/jog in the park is so much more fun with your pooch! Animals like these simply have the ability to make ones rattled nerves feel soothed, to calm that anxiety ridden mind, to relax those taut muscles, and get a smile out of you no matter what kind of day you’ve had…


FYI: Some benefits of having a pet

- Decrease in minor ailments like headaches, colds, dizziness

- Faster recovery from serious illnesses like heart attacks

- Soothing those who suffer from depression

- Calming those who suffer from anxiety

No comments:

Post a Comment